************************* ANNOUNCEMENTS *************************
- This event is GENERAL ADMISSION only (i.e. Free Seating).
- Collection of actual tickets will be done at the venue from 1 hour before the show at 3pm.
- Ticket Prices - $20 (excluding $1 handling fee)
- For groups of 20 and above, group discount tickets are available at $15 (excluding $1 handling fee). Please call our hotline at 6100 2684 or email us at email@example.com for group bookings.
- There will be an intermission of 30 minutes in the concert.
- Admission is subjected to tickets produced at the entrance.
- No admission for infant in arms and child aged below 6 years old.
- Child 6 years old and above must purchase ticket for admission.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance.
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is allowed for this event.
- For more ticketing-related info, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6100 2684.
In celebration of Earth Day 2013, the Singapore Wind Symphony presents "Earth Songs", a selection of great wind band literature inspired by our remarkable planet, to pay tribute to its magnificent beauty and raise awareness of what we can do to protect the fragile environment we live in through a moving musical experience.
The concert will feature Mother Earth, by renowned American composer David Maslanka, and Japanese composer Masamicz Amano’s (Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still & the blockbuster film Battle Royale) epic Ohnai – a powerful homage to the victims of Kobe’s Great Hanshin Earthquake of 1995, performed today in remembrance of the victims of more recent natural disasters, and a tribute to the survivors for their courage and resilience in the face of adversity.
One of Singapore’s most eclectic composers, Philip Tan has written music for dance, drama, films, musicals, multimedia and art installations, gamelan orchestras, choirs, wind bands and symphony orchestras. In a groundbreaking collaboration with two of Singapore’s most exciting young percussionists, Riduan Zalani & Ng Sok Wah – Philip returns to his first love and presents a brand new Double Percussion concerto Landscape of our Desires specially commissioned by the SWS.
concert will also feature Overture to
Vox Stellarum – a work by young Singaporean composer Wong Kah Chun inspired
by the call to end the devastation caused to our planet by mankind, Italian
composer Franco Cesarini's Blue Horizons,
an ode to the oceans and the marvelous creatures that live in it, John Mackey's
serene but evocative Sheltering Sky,
and Satoshi Yagisawa's inspiring Hymn to
the Sun ... with the beat of Mother Earth.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM SGT
- School of the Arts Concert Hall
Standard (incl. handling fee) SOLD OUT $21.00
- Venue Address
- 1 Zubir Said Drive Singapore 227968 Singapore
Please take note that the carpark at SOTA is not open to the public. Alternative parking facilities are available at The Cathay, PoMo, SMU and Hotel Rendezvous.
Singapore Wind Symphony24 Followers